- Role Purpose
The Teacher Librarian will provide information and resource access to staff and students in support of teaching and learning across the College. The Teacher Librarian will also initiate and participate in teaching of information literacy across the College.
The Teacher Librarian is responsible to the Principal. The Teacher Librarian will also work closely with other members of the executive team and will collaborate with other members of the leadership team.
- Key Accountabilities
- Teach the required number of lessons as set by the College;
- Provide effective information services to both students and staff;
- Collaborate with College staff to identify and make available appropriate teaching and learning resources for units of study;
- Identifying the information needs of the College community;
- Being involved in teaching and learning processes by collaborating with teachers to plan, implement and evaluate learning activities, with an emphasis on information skills and making learning visible to students;
- Develop and maintain an orderly library environment the is conducive to effective learning;
- Work closely with the Director of ICT to advance and develop the College’s integration of ICT that leads to improved pedagogical practices and enhanced classroom learning experiences;
- Support and guide staff in the effective use of information sources, services and technology by both teachers and students;
- Provide experiences to encourage reading, viewing and listening.
Personal Qualities and Attitudes
The Teacher Librarian must be able to demonstrate the capacity and willingness to embrace the personal qualities and attitudes that underpin the working culture of our College staff team:
- A passionate and successful classroom teacher and information manager;
- Demonstrated commitment to the achievement of college set goals and priorities;
- An effective and positively contributing team member;
- Energetic, pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative and strategic planning;
- A high-level of interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills;
- Commitment to achieving best practice;
- Willingness and ability to provide support to students as they work on and finalise their assessments and submissions;
- Demonstrated maturity and capacity to relate to others in a positive and professional manner;
- Preparedness and willingness to be actively involved in our College community;
- Willingness to adhere to and abide by the expectations of the Staff Code of Conduct;
Key Selection Criteria
- Commitment to supporting the College’s Christian heritage and a willingness to actively promote the College’s vision, mission and values;
- Demonstrable ability to build positive and collaborative relationships with other staff members;
- Capacity to develop plans and execute projects within a given timeline;
- May be required to be available outside “normal” working hours as part of the support provided to students on a daily basis.
- Teach Information Skills lessons as required;
- Promote the notion of the strong link between reading and academic success.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use the College’s learning management system;
- Ability to foster a positive library environment and climate that encourages students to read, study and complete academic work;
- From time to time, the Teacher Librarian will be asked to take on extra duties that will be assigned by a Deputy Principal or the Principal.
Qualifications and Experience
- Teacher Librarianship qualifications and relevant teaching experience;
Essential Staff Requirements
- Current NESA registration or eligibility to obtain registration;
- Adheres to all the College’s policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Complies with the accepted Professional Dress Code for Staff.
Interested applicants, as part of their written application, must include the following, and should be forwarded to Janet Jammo (HR Manager):
- A statement, no more than two pages, addressing the position requirements
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names & phone number of two referees within the profession
This school complies with the requirements of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.or email Janet Jammo firstname.lastname@example.org