Head of Mathematics
St. Narsai Assyrian Christian College is a Christian Independent School, located in the south west Sydney area. The school has brand new and state of the art facilities and caters for around 670 students from years 7 – 12. Students, parents and staff share a sense of faith, community and respect. Students are supported to achieve excellent academic outcomes.
Our College is looking for an experienced and innovative Mathematics teacher, to join our team on a permanent basis, in January 2019 as the Head of Mathematics.
- Applicant must be appropriately qualified to teach Mathematics across years 7 to 12.
- Ability and experience in teaching Mathematics Advanced and Extension courses is highly desirable.
- Enthusiasm for their subject and the ability to inspire secondary age students
- Knowledge of recent developments in the theory and practice of senior secondary pedagogy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the Mathematics team.
- An understanding of and commitment to the School’s Christian framework, values and ethos.
- NESA Accreditation to teach
- Working with Children Check
Interested applicants, as part of their written application, must include the following, and should be forwarded to Janet Jammo (HR Manager):
- A statement, no more than two pages, addressing the position requirement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names & phone number of two referees within the profession
This school complies with the requirements of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.