The college recognises that among the student population there are those who have significantly above average abilities in one or more areas of endeavour. This needs to be recognised and those abilities nurtured in the younger years so the students are able to fully utilise those abilities for their own benefit in the older years.
- To identify those students who are gifted and talented and the specific areas in which they may be able to excel
- To create a number of programmes that will address their needs
- To not isolate them from their peers
- Students identified will be placed in the same vertically streamed homeroom class providing the time and activities required to extend them
- The class teacher of that homeroom will be trained in dealing with gifted and talented students and guide them to relevant enrichment activities