** Esafety Commission Webinars for Parents and Carers**
These live webinars explore the latest research and expert advice for using technology safely. They are a great way to learn how you can help your child develop the skills to be safer online. Further dates will be available in July 2021 – click the link for details.
**Important information regarding Online Safety**
Dear Parents and Carers, With most students now completing online lessons via the College’s At-Home Learning program, it is important for all parents and carers to click the link and read through this information for the safety of their children and devices: https://www.esafety.gov.au/about-us/blog/covid-19-online-safety-kit-parents-and-carers
COVID-19: College Status update as of 14 July 2021
NSW Public Health advice – Update 14 July 2021
As announced by the NSW Premier on Wednesday, July 14 2021, the current lockdown that was due to end Friday 16th July has been extended an additional two weeks and will end at midnight on Friday, July 30.
During this time, our students will continue to learn online through our At-Home Learning program.
Our staff will continue to work with their students remotely every day, delivering quality and engaging lessons and learning activities through our At Home Learning Program.
Accordingly, we are taking appropriate steps to respond to the emerging pandemic related challenges, with a constant focus on the health and safety of our college community and student learning.
Below are summary points to keep you up to date with what is happening at the College the next two weeks:
- The college is still open for students of parents that are essential workers, however, minimal staff will be on-site every day and will only be supervising students. No face-to-face learning will be held on-site.
- Effective as of July 7, and continuing until further advice is given, no face-to-face interviews or meetings will be held on-site at this stage. All scheduled interviews or meetings will be conducted via phone conferencing to ensure the safety of all involved.
- Anyone attending the school site during this time is required to check-in and out with the NSW Service QR code and College sign-in procedures. However, as a general reminder, parents and carers are not permitted on site.
- All adults, including staff, and students in Year 7 or above must wear masks throughout their time on the school site and maintain physical distance from all other adults.
- Staff, parents and students who have visited known exposure venues are not permitted to attend school and must follow NSW Health advice to mitigate risks to members of the school community and only return to school once he/she are cleared to do.
For the latest COVID-19 case locations and alerts please visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
For information regarding the restrictions on Greater Sydney please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
- Please note that St Narsai College may make changes to our approach as we receive more advice from relevant agencies. Therefore, decisions and actions will be made in line with the latest advice from the Government and we will keep the community informed.
- St Narsai College is adhering to all precautions and directives given by the government in ensuring the safety of the College community.
For further information please refer to the latest correspondence sent to parents via SMS and email. Please do not hesitate in contacting the College on 8818 1300 if you have any questions.
Latest communication with parents
All of our parents and carers are being kept up to date via emails or SMS texts sent by the College. We ask all of our parents and carers to update their contact details to ensure all messages are received.
The College may at times also post important information to the college community through their social media pages;
College YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCnMUAUa84OHEqe9zYSohU7A/videos